MiFID II will be applicable as of January 2018 and although it is a European regulation, the directives will impact the Swiss financial market.
In Switzerland, FIDLEG / FINIG is expected earliest in January 2019.
CATFP has engaged two renowned and experienced experts, which have summarised the impacts of the new regulations with focus on the Structured Products market in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
- Whom will MiFID II concern? Domicile of the client or place of the service.
- How does it look like with FIDLEG / FINIG?
- Bann of retrocessions? Advisory services and discretionary mandates - independent and not.
- Suitabilitycheck and definition of target market
- Best-execution and reporting duties - PRIIPs and KIIDs
- Which new requirenments will be effective for which participant?
We therefore have prepared for our clients two presentations on the two topics. Unfortunately, they are currently only available in German.
Stefan Simon from HSW [Legal]
FIDLEG / FINIG with focus on Structured Products
Dr. Sebastian Neufang and Antonio Donna from Grant Thornton
MiFID II with focus on Structured Products